Important Note: Wye produces on-premise downloadable software as well as hosted “software-as-a-service” solutions for its business customers. Where a Wye customer uploads personal information to one of our hosted software services, or otherwise makes personal information available to be processed by us as part of a service we provide, that Wye customer will remain the responsible data controller. Wye will act as a mere data processor, and will only be permitted to process your personal information on the instructions of our customer. Please note that if you are a data subject whose personal information is processed by a Wye customer, you should direct any inquiries in relation to that processing to the relevant Wye customer.
- What Personal Information Does Wye Collect and From Where?
We collect and process some or all of the below types of information from you in the course of your use of our websites, receipt of our services, or other interaction with you.
- Website Visitors
We automatically collect certain types of information when you browse our websites. Automated technologies may include the use of web server logs to collect IP addresses, “cookies”, and web beacons. We may track information provided to us by your browser, including any referring URL, your IP address, the type of browser you use, and the time and date of access. For more information about these automated technologies, see our Cookies Notice below.
- Website Visitors Completing Forms Requesting Information
When you submit your information (such as: your name, job title, company name, telephone number, email address, and location) to Wye to request a demo of our products, it is stored in our secure CRM database. This information is used byour sales, marketing, and support teams to provide you with, and promote and market, our content and services, both through our websites and via email. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Once you opt out, you will no longer receive marketing communications from us
- Wye User Community
Certain licensed users of Wye products, resellers, and business partners may access secure areas of our websites such as the Wye Customer Community (“Authorized Users”). We collect personal information when you register an account to become an Wye Community Portal member (such as: your name, email, location, and user name). This information will be correlated with the other information contained in our marketing and sales CRM database, such as your title, telephone numbers, your organization name, location, and software product(s) licensed. Information collected will be used to customize the user experience and provide information specific to your region and Wye product. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our websites. Where you have provided us with a testimonial, and with your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name, title, and company name.
- Marketing Recipients
As well as website visitors who complete forms requesting information, we may also collect your business contact information (such as: name, title, email address, telephone number, company name, location) for marketing purposes if you are an existing customer or if you are considered a prospective customer who may have an interest in our products and services. If you are considered a prospective customer, we may collect your business contact information from publicly accessible sites, and from vendors that specialize in the provision of B2B marketing information.
- Customer and Supplier Contacts
If the business you own or work for does business with Wye, as either a customer or supplier, we may collect your business contact information, as well as any other relevant information (such as: bank account details required for invoicing), which we need in order to deliver services to, or receive services from, your business, or to otherwise manage our professional relationship with you and your business.
- Website Visitors
- How and Why Does Wye Use My Information?
Where our use of your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), or other data protection laws imposing comparable obligations, we will only collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do so.
- Third Party Sites and Services
- Storing your Personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal information is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used and accessed in an unauthorized way. We use encrypted technology, such as SSL, to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. All Wye Customer Authorized User information is stored in a secure cloud location and secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Our employees are required to keep customer, business partner, and other related personal information confidential, as a condition of their employment with the company. Only authorized employees are permitted to access this type of information. Where you have created a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should always use complex, secure passwords. If you believe your credentials have been compromised, you must contact us immediately, and we will arrange for a temporary password and a password reset. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and Wye cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our or our third-party vendors’ safeguards.
- Keeping your personal information up-to-date
If you are an Authorized User using the Wye Customer Community and need to make changes to the personal information in your profile, you can submit a Support ticket within the portal or contact the proper support team through the contact information found at: wye.com. Any person whose personal information we hold can also Where you contact us to update your personal information, we will endeavor to do so within a reasonable amount of time in order to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
- How long we keep your personal information
If you are a customer or business partner, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you are a visitor, we will retain your information in accordance with our data retention policy. Visitors may request the removal of their information from our databases at any time via methods outlined in the [Add link to Contact Us] section.
- Where we store your personal information
We store your personal information on our own servers in the USA.
- Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
We share your information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- to any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, for the purposes described in this policy;
- with third-party service providers who have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us;
- with our regulators, including supervisory authorities for data protection, and with courts and law enforcement to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
- we may share in an aggregate, statistical form certain non-personal information regarding the visitors to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage with our advertisers; and
- if, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party or invite investment in our company, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third-party purchaser of our business or assets.
- Your Rights
Depending on which data protection laws (if any) apply to our use of your personal information, and subject to certain exemptions which may exist under those laws, and in some cases dependent upon our lawful basis, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including:
- to access personal information, together with an explanation about how and why we use your personal information;
- to rectify / erase personal information;
- to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- to object to the processing of personal information (where the lawful basis is “legitimate interests”);
- to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- to obtain a portable copy of your personal information or have it transmitted to another organization (where the lawful basis is “consent” or “performance of a contract”);
- to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction; and
- to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (a full list of EU supervisory authorities can be found on the website of the European Data Protection Board).
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact us.
- let us have enough information to identify you (such as: account number, user name, registration details); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
In order to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, if we do not have enough information to verify your identity we may ask for proof of your identity. We will use this solely for the purpose of verifying your identity.
If your request is judged by us to be manifestly unfounded or excessive then we may choose to refuse to respond to it, or to charge you a reasonable amount for our time incurred in doing so.
- Cookies Notice
Cookies and related technologies such as beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. We use these technologies to make our websites function securely (strictly necessary cookies); to gather information about your preferences and personalize your browsing experience; to collect general / statistical information about your use of the website in order to improve the website for all users; and to deliver targeted advertising to you (optional cookies).
- The following describes how we use different categories of cookies:
- Other Sites And Cookies
Our site may contain links to other websites or “share”, “like” or other similar buttons. These other websites, services and applications may set their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information. You should refer to any privacy policies found on such websites, services and applications to understand how your information may be collected and used.
- How To Control Cookies
When you first navigate to our websites, you are asked to provide your consent to cookies. You can choose to provide or withhold your consent in relation to a number of purposes for which corresponding cookies are deployed. As well as using the pop-up consent mechanism, you can control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences. Please note that, if you choose to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of our site and may be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies. Additionally, you can also specifically opt-out of interest based ads in your browser. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- The following describes how we use different categories of cookies: