Truly Costing Your Print Jobs Isn’t Possible
Your print jobs are nothing if they’re not profitable. No matter the quality or how satisfied your customers are, if the jobs you take and produce aren’t generating enough revenue, your business isn’t successful. Trying to get a handle on print job costing is important, but the current way jobs are estimated, planned, produced and tracked don’t allow the kind of visibility required to actually feel confident in the numbers you’re reviewing.
You need to get accurate, up to date costing data for all jobs past, present and future, but you’re stuck with:
- Unknown profit margins. With no clear insight, you have no way to determine what changes to make to improve efficiency.
- An inability to assess rates When you can’t evaluate rates or make assumptions about per machine or per cost center profitability, you can’t determine the value each brings to the operation or how you can adjust based on cost.
- No cost visibility. There is no verified, accurate way to understand where the costs lie and how those costs impact your business, so you’re relying on the best guesses of experienced staff.
- A lack of historical data. With no ability to review the particulars of a job, you run the risk of running a re-print with the same issues or inaccurately estimating a re-run job.
- Missing efficiency information. You don’t know which employees are more productive for which jobs, and you can’t schedule and plan resources based on job efficiencies and employee experience.
- Poor accounting. With no integration to estimates, a lack of information about what happened on the job floor, and manual processes that impact invoice velocity, you’re leaving cash on the table.
It’s clear that using multiple systems, manual processes, and outdated standards is not helping you ensure your print shop is as profitable as possible. To truly understand job costing, you need centralized data that you can see, interpret, and make decisions on.
Transform Your Print Operations with One Centralized System
Here are 10 reasons why it’s time to say replace your multiple systems and disparate islands of data with a single solution to transform and support your entire print operations from estimate to delivery.Download Now
Make Profitable Decisions Based on Accurate Data
Print companies face the constant challenge of maintaining profits in a slim margin, high volume industry. Without the ability to report performance and analyze patterns, business owners and production managers are not able to optimize their operations and make smart business decisions. That’s where PrintVis can help.
PrintVis is an affordable print MIS and ERP system that gives you control over every process, from estimating and job planning to invoicing and job costing. With a built-in printing cost estimator and powerful job costing functionality, PrintVis has all the tools you need to understand your costs, streamline production, and improve your bottom line.
Enhance Utilization of Production Cost Centers
Run a profitable print business with a centralized business and print management application. With reduced touchpoints from order to delivery, PrintVis reduces cost and runtimes so you achieve the best financial results.